Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lotsa Spaghetti!

So, exciting things happened. I entered an art contest. I never enter art contests as I get way too obsessive compulsive, and too competitiiive. However, this one was a blast, and it was a collaboration!
Entrants were required to depict themselves as a character from alice in wonderland.
 I conceptualized and drew the image, and a good friend of mine Pencakes colored most of it, and during the last sprint, we were BOTH painting the image at the same time just so we could beat the deadline hahaha. While she was hustling trying to finish one part of the image, I was working on an older merged, fullsized WIP scrambling to finish other small things on a separate layer. Eventually, she sent me a jpeg with all her finished work, and I dumped it into the psd with all my finish work, Voila! Completed image and I got it submitted to DA with merely two minutes left before the deadline.
Shit was crazay. But I think we came out with a pretty decent result!

In the mean time, I've barely made any progress on this piece:
But it's getting there haha! I do believe there needs to be more framing elements...

3 Comments:

At June 7, 2010 at 2:21 AM , Blogger Stephan said...

I randomly found your blog... Your illustrations are very atmospheric and impressive. good work!

 
At June 12, 2010 at 10:18 AM , Blogger S. Kardash said...

Best of luck on the Alice contest, your entry looks phenomenal!

 
At September 17, 2010 at 6:28 AM , Blogger Litmus Paper said...

Thanks for accepting my friend invitation today, Mandy. I've liked your work for quite a while, seeing it here and there all around the square. I'm following your blog. Hope we can keep in touch!
Chris O'Brien

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home